Skip to main content

I Love you 2019!

2019 has been a very beautiful year for me. A lot of rules and mental blocks were broken. Unknown stereotypes that were inbuilt in my system was cleansed. Its amazing how little we know about ourselves. Some deep habits, some beliefs that you dint even know existed, until something or someone makes you aware of yourself.



I not only challenged myself with fitness, with trekking (even when I was unwell), with backpacking, with hostels, with diet(I used to eat less or untimely), with painting, with art, with emotions, with bouldering, with writing and a lot more. In between all this new found happiness, I did lose someone I loved. But life is what happens when we are busy making other plans. She will always stay close to my heart wherever I go.



I was reading my previous blogs, on last few year-end tributes, and I realized I always had something good to take away from the sadness. And this year, I had an overdose of happiness, may be to compensate for all those tough years.

If you are going through tough times, dont stress. Failures, mishaps, tough times all these are the only way you can discover your true self, and your true comrades in this life. You will look back on these days as the best thing that happened to you. Life is never a bitch, it just creates a better version of you, if you deal with it the right way.

Most part of this world thinks, my life is easy. I would like them to continue thinking that way. My near ones know all the challenges I have been through, and they also know I have no complaints, it made me who I am today. So yeah, the smiling version of me is what I want to carve in everyone's memory. The girl who jumps all the time, who is free, who is crazy and always happy.
I met a lot of wonderful people this year, explored this beautiful world a little more, travelled couple of new countries, took so many risks, broke so many stereotypes, and spent a lot of quality time with my loved ones.

I always felt that if I touched a life of even one person positively, I can consider my life accomplished. This year I was shown so much love and respect by not just one or two; but quite a few people, who told how I, my blogs, my pictures, my words have inspired them, this includes a lovely card by a 10 year old kid whom I met for the first time in Chennai. I am glad, I bring in positivity in atleast a few lives, and I hope to continue spreading more smiles in years to come.


In short, 2019 gave me new dreams. And I really look forward to 2020, to create more happiness, dream more dreams.

We all did what we could do best this year, and I wish you all a very happy, healthy and strong 2020.

It doesn't matter whether you party tonight or stay in your pajamas at home, whether you are with friends or home alone; what matters is you say a happy & content good bye to all the sadness, and wish to create more happiness in 2020. Stay positive always.

31 December, is just a small attempt by the world to make you reflect on your life. If you haven't paid attention, whether you noticed it or not, a small part of you changed this year, for better or worse. If you like the change, embrace it. If you don't like it, change it next year. 1st January is not about gym/diet/blah/blah/goals. It's just a realization of what you want to improve in you. I do this evaluation pretty much every day, so I never have a new year resolution. But for those who don't take time to reflect on their life rest of the year, 31st December and 1st January gives that opportunity.



Anyway, 2019, I will always love you. And I thank everyone who were part of my journey this year. Love you all and loads of hugs!! Happy 2020.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ahamasmi Yodha - My First Tattoo

I finally did it. It isn’t a great achievement to show off, but for me it’s one more item on my bucket list getting fulfilled. So I am very happy about it. What did I do? Oh like I said nothing great – I just got my FIRST Tattoo  :) My first Tattoo Artist I had done a lot of research on it since last couple of months. I wanted to get it done on my birthday, but it somehow dint work out.  For all the first timers, I wanted to list out my personal experience, just in case it helps :) First of all, I felt it will be very helpful if you have some friends who would have got it done already. But I dint have that privilege. So I went through lot of blogs and articles in About.com, Wikihow, YahooAnswers etc… Well Google, the new lord of knowledge :) has all that you need to know. So, in summary, what I got from all these sites were First decide on what you want to get tattooed and where. Go over it again and again, since it is permanent, you will have to live ...

Life... A Blank Page!

Whenever I open a notebook and come across the set of blank pages; my mind goes blank. For some reason, it always reminds me of my life. It forces me to start thinking about my life; about the past and the future. Being part of the age of computers and belonging to the IT industry, I hardly get an opportunity to actually pick a pen and write in the notebook. I write lot of blogs, poems etc… but I write them on the webpage or in Microsoft word in my laptop.  Once in a while I like to go back to traditional form of writing; using the actual pen and paper. And in last few years; I noticed that every time I try doing that for some reason the blank paper gets me all philosophical.         Although I never have that thought while opening the book; but whenever I see those blank pages; I just go blank. I always feel that my life is staring back at me with all those unanswered silenced questions, doubts, thoughts…forcing me to think – What does my lif...

Zindagi Gulzar Hai - A feast to ones eyes!

Today I am here to make a much interesting comparison of our current Indian TV industry with our neighboring country’s television industry. Interesting because I never thought I would ever engage in watching any of the Pakistan TV series/movies or listening to their music. My disinterest in Pakistan entertainment was not because of the tensed relationship with the country. But I myself am not a big fan of TV serials. The kind of drama that is filled in Indian TV Channels today is just exhausting and tiring to watch. I hardly follow any Indian TV series. When I visit home on vacation, I join my family in watching the program they watch and that’s how I keep myself updated with what is trending in the TV industry. I love listening to music and I listen to all genres of music. I did start listening to Pakistani music since last few years and have admired their music. Strings, Fuzon,  Kaavish, Jal, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Ghulam Ali, Parveen Abida, Quratulain Baloch and many ...

Uncovered, Not Exposed

After ages of procrastination, I finally decided to try formal art classes. I had always feared that rules would take the fun out of my art. Art is where I go to unwind and let my mind wander, and the idea of placing boundaries in that safe space never sat well with me. But this year, I signed up for weekend spring classes; telling myself to keep an open mind and take in only what resonated. I was intimidated - I didn't know if this would draw me deeper into art or push me away. To my surprise, it was overwhelming, but in the best possible way.  The reason for this post is however not to cover my art journey ( I have just started so I will give it some time to settle in ); but instead to capture my thoughts upon observing a profession in real life that I have only watched on screen -  Live nude models. And the quiet power of their bare form.  I spent an entire day observing nude male and female body for figure drawing, and it blew my mind in ways I had not expected. ...

Solitude Meets Homesickness

I get asked a lot about my experience of staying alone. I stay alone, and hardly attend any social events apart from visiting couple of friends, once in 2-3 months. I reserve all my social energy for when am back home, where I throw myself into meeting all the loved ones I grew up with. And that happens once a year (due to Covid, it's over due by 2 years now). Anyway, my standard answer is although it comes naturally to me, to enjoy my solitude (the very definition is to be alone without feeling lonely) , I have learnt that it's not otherwise easy. And it isn't really something that everyone's personality blends into. My natural state of restlessness, forces me to indulge in numerous activities, keeping myself engaged, intrigued and entertained. And with time, it's become next to impossible to allow someone new to enter my personal space - whether as a roommate or a partner. That doesn't mean I am an introvert. If you meet me in a social gathering, you can easil...

Alone & Happy, not Lonely!

There's a difference between the two states of being; being alone & being lonely.  I am single and  have been  alone in new places all by myself; with little or no acquaintances; let alone friends. When you are single, it's a common norm for rest of the world to investigate about your companionship needs.  Single people are often surrounded with friends and family that give them company.   In my case, I have got used to staying alone as well. And trust me I do just fine. I do miss them but I don't get depressed or frustrated when I don't find the company of my friends or family. So I am single and alone and happy. That said, it's not that I don't have friends or I am not social. I am very social, enjoy parties, hangout with friends when I meet them; I am not an introvert, am more of a happy go lucky kinda person. When I say I am alone, I am in company of myself. And I have realized that I enjoy my company a lot, so I never feel lonely.  ...

You don’t know me

You don’t know me. And what you know of me is not even half of who I am.  It’s not that I am too private. I say what I feel, and although I am on open book, I am just not too easily readable. But tell me, why would you want to know me? Or rather know EVERYTHING about me? We as humans obsess about knowing everything about each other, especially about the ones we love. We want to believe that we KNOW what they think, what they like, who they are etc.. I think it comes to us naturally.  But, we don’t. No matter how close we are, there’s a part of us that’s always too private. That cannot be shared. Sometimes we ourselves don’t know who we are. I believe, you should just be happy with the part they share with you, and who they are when they are around you. And remember, who they are when they are with you depends on who you are around them. There’s always a disclaimer- they are a different person when they are with someone else. And they are a different person when t...

तेरा सफ़र , तेरी मंज़िल..

जिस राह पे तू चलता है राही, कभी उसकी मंज़िल को पेहचाना है तूने जहाँ तक तेरी नज़र जाती है, बस वहीँ तक का सफ़र नहीं है तेरा वो जो अनदेखा छिपा है उस मोड़ की आड़ में, उसकी भनक भी नहीं तुझे फिर कैसे तू केहता है " मैं जानता हूँ कहाँ मेरी मंज़िल है" कभी सिर्फ धूप में चला तो कभी शीतल छाओं में कभी दोस्तों के संग मस्ती में तो कभी अकेले अपनी तन्हाई में कभी मेहबूबा की मुहोब्बत में डूबा तो कभी अपने गमों के सागर में पर चाह के भी रुक़ न सका तू, चाह के भी मुड़ न सका तू जिसे तूने मंज़िल समझा वो तो बस एक पड़ाव निकला लाख कोशिश की तूने पर उस पड़ाव पर डेरा ना डाल सका वो सब जो तुझे प्यारे थे पीछे छूट गए , चाह के भी तू उनकी राह पे चल ना सका नए लोगों से नए रिश्तों से बंधता टूटता चला, अपने आपको डून्ड़ता चला तू मुसाफिर है तो ये क्यूँ नहीं मानता की जो राह में तुझे मिले उनका कोई भरोसा नहीं जिस राह पे जिस मौसम में तू चल रहा है वो भी बदल जायेंगे जब तू अपनी मंज़िल पे पहुंचेगा तो पता नहीं किसे संग पायेगा. ...

Compliment Someone, Because, Why Not?

Last week a customer service lady at self-checkout area of Loblaws walked up to me and asked if I was at the store the previous day. I indeed was.  I was surprised she remembered me, and was also confused as to why would it matter if I showed up on consecutive days. You know how at times your brain goes a million miles per sec and causes you to question all your life choices? I was running all the reasons in my head as to why someone would care about my grocery schedule. So, it was in that slightly confused state I replied, albeit politely “ Yes, I was here yesterday. The huge watermelon I bought did not allow me to complete my entire grocery checklist as I had reached my single trip haul limit, so I am here again to buy rest of my items ”. Meanwhile, my inner voice was shouting “ Why are you justifying your grocery trip to this random lady? Like who cares? ” Me being me, where my face clear as water always shows what I feel inside; she must have seen that confusion clearly danci...

Radha-Krishan jaisi jodi hai!! But Why?

I was with couple of my friends on a trip earlier this month, when we landed on the topic of Radha while listening to the song “ Radha on the dance floor, Radha wants to party …” from the movie Student of the Year . My friend suddenly told “ Isn’t our culture a little strange? Although Radha and Krishna were never married, every time people see a good couple they say “ RadhaKrishan jaisi Jodi hai! ”(ie. Couple like Radha-Krishna). ” For those who aren’t familiar with Hindu mythology; Radha & Krishna appear in the Dvapara Yuga which is the 3 rd out of four yugas (4 th one being Kali Yuga, the current one that we all are part of). Radha is considered an incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi and Krishna is the Eighth incarnation of Lord Vishnu. Radha and Krishna are most popularly known and worshipped as RadhaKrishna – in one form. Radha is Krishna’s supreme beloved and his childhood friend. Acrylic Painting of Krishna with his Flute - By Me. The Lord and His consort are refe...