Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Papa!!!

This is my Dad's second BDay after he passed away. Sitting here in the Mumbai airport waiting for my domestic connecting flight to Mangalore, I remember that day on 17th August 2013 when I was in Bangalore waiting for the same connecting flight to Mangalore. But that wait was the longest wait of my life. All those memories rushed back into my mind as I sit here and write this blog. 

The security guard questioned me that the flight is in the morning, why are you coming so early. And I said thats because I just got off from an international flight and I have to take this flight to get home. Same question was asked in Banglore on that day as well. And I remember, during the entire 20 hr journey I did not have anyone talk to me, and this was the first person to stop me and question or talk. And I had broke down in front of him. I was trembling with tears in my eyes and with choking voice I told Please let me in, my Dad has passed away and I have to get home at the earliest, I need to check for earlier available flights and so on. I still remember his face, poor fellow was taken aback, and just tried to console me and told you can go but the counters dont open until morning 3AM , so you will have to wait

And today, I am sitting here thinking how did I spend that wait time. 

Well, I will stop the sad part now. Its his Birthday and he used to love it when we wished and celebrated him. I will write his birthday card after this blog. 

Papa, wish you a very happy birthday. I know you would be missing us like we miss you here. I will be home on your bday, and will remember and celebrate you with Amma and Sister. 

You have not ceased to make your presence felt even till this day. I got promoted last week, and that's my gift to you on your birthday. I realized how empty my success is without your congratulations. The way you would celebrate my success, it always seemed bigger than it actually was. And last week, I felt my biggest success slightly under rated. But nevertheless, knowing how you would have reacted, brought smile and satisfaction to me. 

So, Happy birthday Papa the greatest :-) 

- Sarita
Dated- 20th March 2015 (IST)

Comments